We teamed up with the Youth Sport Trust in 2003 to develop Sky Sports Living for Sport. It started off as a way of improving behaviour and grew into something from which anyone or any group could benefit. Today Sky Sports Living for Sport not only improves behaviours, it motivates and inspires, improves life skills and increases attainment through participation in sport.
At the same time, it is important that we don’t get complacent, stay fresh, and aim to benefit young people in the best possible way. Each year we check in with teachers, young people and parents to see how they and we are doing.
- 96% of projects were judged to have been successful or very successful.
- 96% of Lead Teachers report that young people chosen to participate in Sky Sports Living for Sport have shown improved self-confidence and self-esteem.
- 96% of Lead Teachers who set an aim to improve students’ attitudes to learning said this aim was fully or partially achieved.
- 95% of Lead Teachers saw improvements in attitudes towards teachers.
- 86% of Lead Teachers who have said improvements in engagement in learning were sustained 12 months after the programme.
- 72% of participating students said they were more likely to go to 6th form or college.
- 48% of participating students said they were inspired to go on to mentor a young person following participation.
Research taken from independent findings from Chrysalis Research, 2012.