We teamed up with the Youth Sport Trust in 2003 to develop Sky Sports Living for Sport. It started off as a way of improving behaviour and grew into something from which anyone or any group could benefit. Today Sky Sports Living for Sport not only improves behaviours, it motivates and inspires, improves life skills and increases attainment through participation in sport.
At the same time, it is important that we don’t get complacent, stay fresh, and aim to benefit young people in the best possible way. Each year we check in with teachers, young people and parents to see how they and we are doing.
- 97% of Lead Teachers said the project was successful for participating students
- 91% of participants improved in self-confidence and self-esteem
- 88% of participants engaged more in school life
- 84% of participants engaged more in learning
- 81% of participants behaviour in school improved
- 92% of teachers felt Sky Sports Living for Sport had a strong impact on the development of team work skills
- 90% of teachers felt Sky Sports Living for Sport had a strong impact on the development of social skills
- 89% of teachers felt Sky Sports Living for Sport had a strong impact on the development of communication skills
- 89% improved their attitudes towards other students
- 86% improved their attitudes towards staff
- 86% improved their attitudes towards health and well-being
- 87% of teachers thought there had been a positive impact on student attitudes towards their future
Research taken from independent findings from Chrysalis Research, 2014.